Kamers came to a successful end last night and as we went to finish up this morning we found the beautifully ancient halls of St. John's College echoing with the bustling sound of children's laughter and excited footsteps of 13,000 visitors. (http://www.stjohnscollege.co.za/) If those walls could speak, wow, imagine what they will say...
As it was Blue Jam's first time to have the privelege to be part of the Kamers family, we had a humbling experience, and I am sure that the young talent of South Africa added some colour to most who made their way through the rooms of the college.
Personally, I would like to thank everyone who helped us make this past weekend the huge success it was.
- To the lovely crochet team (Hendriehet Young, Estelle Hettasch, Danielle Allan and Michelle Blaauw) for their late night motivational words, their endless efforts to perfect their work and most of all for wanting to be part of this venture. Estelle has been part of our team since last year, and not once has she stopped being one of the most eager members; Hendriehet became part of our team, almost by accident. She is the mother of a close friend and came into our lives at exactly the right moment; Danielle is an old friend and neighbour and supplied us with endless glasses of wine when the stress became too much; and last, but not least, Michelle is my closest friend and beautiful sister. She selflessly offered to attach all the buttons to the items that needed that special last touch.
- To the Kamers Team... Their admin skills were impeccable and they made this journey as smooth as possible. Their marketing skills are out of this world and thanks to them our facebok likes have jumped with 40 clicks in the past week. The exposure they provide us, as young entrepreneurs, is perfect to get our names out their and make people see what young talent is worth in this country. (http://kamersvol.com/)
- To the creative team of Antwerp. Hennie and Melinda are responsible for the splendid design of our stand. They helped us get the best out of a 3 x 3m space and made it totally worth our while. For any exhibition stand needs, check their website out: http://www.antwerpcreativestudio.co.za/
- And lastly, but definitely the most important... My mother, Karen. She is the head of Blue Jam Living and from the word "GO" she has made this extremely easy and stress-free. She strives to give our clients the best product possible and will re-crochet a product until it is beyond perfect. With her positive attitude and countless words of wisdom, she can light up a room as soon as she walks in. Dankie mammi!!
- We applied for the Kamers Summer Show at the end of the year, so hold thumbs, send out prayers and good thoughts that we'll be accepted and blow Pretoria away with our new products.
- We are working on becoming part of a little unique shop known as The Bub Hub. We will be moving our market a bit more to the mommy's of SA and working on products for baby and toddler rooms - Watch this Space!! ;)
As I said before, Thank You to everyone that made this past week a success and hopefully Blue Jam has great things that are coming our way.
Photography by the Kamers Team